Water: A Vital Element of Women’s Fitness
“You may be swapping your running shorts for leggings and zipping up your windbreaker before heading out for a run these days, but just because you’re not sweating as much doesn’t mean you should skimp on hydration”. Water becomes the vital element of women’s fitness.
Let us know the significance of water in human body…
It is not just the thirst-quenching element of human body, but has many minerals and vitamins which benefit the human body. Almost 2/3rd of the body is comprised of water and all the functions carried out in the human body depend on sufficient supplies of water.
Water is temperature stabilizer of the human body, it helps in cooling down while perspiration. Water helps in maintaining a healthy weight. Deficiency of water in the body can result in many illnesses.
Also read our blog How Functional Water Can Nurture Sports Persons’ Performances
Why drink water?
Nowadays most of the people seem to carry water bottles when they go out. Water has now become a popular drink apart from soft drinks. This awareness has come in us due to influences from watching westerners, as they are the ones who carry water wherever they go.
- Maintains balance in the body: Our body comprises of 60% of water which is used to carry out various bodily activities. Functions like digestion, absorption, creation of saliva, maintaining body temperature and transportation of nutrients take place with the use of water.Whenever the brain triggers the thirst mechanism that means there is decline of water in the body, so intake of water, juices, coffee or other fluids except fluids must be taken.
- Control the calories: Water has been a successful calorie burner since years, as we can see witness from diet freaks around us. Increased intake of water makes the digestion process much easier and flushes out toxins through urine which eventually results in weight loss.
- Beautiful skin: Dehydration makes your skin dry, wrinkled and pale. To keep it hydrated plenty of water intake is necessary. But that doesn’t mean drinking of too much water erases the wrinkles.
- Detoxification: Water is an important element for the function of kidneys as it helps in removing the impurities in the body. Well hydrated kidneys easily flush out the toxins out of the body.
A true health is not acquired without drinking of water. Water is the crucial component in the creation of mucous in the body. It helps in the forming of fluids in the joints of the body. It also helps in the moisturizing of the lungs.
Also read our blog Can Beauty Water Be The Functional Water For Your Skin?
Mamma’s fitness secret?
- Water is prominently required by pregnant women and nursing or breast-feeding mothers. This is because they lose lots of water as the water they drink helps in the production of milk.
- The American Journal of Gastroenterology says that being hydrated is even more important than just eating food when it comes to having regular bowel movements. Drinking plenty of water helps in the easy bowel movements and creates greater overall health.
- It makes you Happy! Yes drinking water and keeping oneself happy. The Journal of Nutrition said that women who are not hydrated have difficulty concentrating, a bad mood, headaches and fatigue, etc.
Women require 2 liters of water every day while men require 2.5 liters to keep one hydrated. Working women, school going girls, moms or any other categorized women, need the extra portion of water.
No doubt water is pretty much helpful in filling up the minerals required for the body. But as women sweat out a lot they require something refined than water. And the answer may be functional water!
It not just provides additional energy to the body but tomes up the beauty of women too. Providing hydration is the basic thing is what functional water does, and it also locks the hydration in the skin. It gives that extra shine on a woman’s face.
Hence, functional water is not just meant for the sportsmen or the working men, but is also useful for women and their fitness.